Personal Chromebook Device Policies
We have recently revised our technology policy to accommodate families who have purchased a Chromebook device before enrolling at SHDHS. Students will have the option of using a personal Chromebook device (rather than purchasing one through the school).
However, please note that if you choose to bring in your own Chromebook, the following conditions will apply:
- A $125Chromebook Transition Fee will be assessed per personal Chromebook device. The Transition Fee covers all costs associated with using and monitoring each student’s Chromebook at SHDHS for up to four years. (If you choose to purchase a new Chromebook from SHDHS, this fee is already covered within the $550total cost.)
- If a student forgets to bring his or her personal Chromebook or Chromebook charger to school and needs to borrow one for the day, a $3 daily use fee will be charged upon the device’s return. Please note, however, that loaner Chromebooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and a loaner device may not always be available.
- The school’s Chromebook insurance program does not cover Chromebooks that were NOT purchased through the school. Therefore, if a personal Chromebook is lost, stolen, or damaged, it is the student’s responsibility to repair or replace the device at their own cost, AND they must secure another Chromebook device to use in the interim. In such a situation, students may borrow a loaner Chromebook from the SHDHS IT Department at a fee of $3 per day. As mentioned above, loaner Chromebooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and a loaner device may not always be available.
- Students choosing to use a personal Chromebook MUST schedule a meeting time with the IT Department to register their device on our system before the school year starts. To request a meeting time, please send an email to [email protected].
- Every student and their parent must read, sign, and submit an SHDHS Responsible Use Policy (RUP).