Tuition / Assistance
APPLY TO SHDHS
TUITION, FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
St. Henry District High School is committed to serving our community by providing the opportunity to earn a college-preparatory, Catholic secondary education to any student who wants to attend SHDHS. Each year, our Tuition Endowment and Financial Aid funds continue to grow! Last school year, SHDHS disbursed more than $225,000 in tuition assistance to SHDHS families.
TUITION / FEES*
|Diocesan Tuition 2022-2023||In-Diocese:|
1st Child: $8,485.00
2nd Child: $7,885.00
3rd Child: $4,242.00
|Non-Diocesan Tuition 2022-2023||Out of Diocese:|
1st Child: $9,485.00
2nd Child: $8,885.00
3rd Child: $4,742.00
|Registration fee schedule 2023-24|
Paid by March 15, 2023
After March 15th registration fee is:
$150 per sport ($450cap/family)
Current Families RE-ENROLL for the 2023-2024 School Year
Current students planning to attend SHDHS for the 2023-2024 school year will automatically be re-enrolled on January 4, 2023. Registration fees will be invoiced through your FACTS account and need to be paid manually through FACTS. The registration fee for the 2023-2024 school year is $200. If paid by March 15, students will receive a $25 discount on the registration fee. Those who pay by March 1 will be entered into a drawing to have one GENERAL FEE paid for the 2023-2024 school year.
There are no forms to fill out. If you do not plan on returning for the 2023-2024 school year, please contact Toni Lehan at 859-525-0255, ext 2826, or [email protected].
For questions regarding invoicing and how to make payment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Connie Cornett at 859-525-0255, ext 2801, or [email protected]
SHDHS offers tuition discounts to families with more than one student registered and those who pre-pay tuition in full.
- If you have more than one student registered, the second student’s tuition is $600 less than the first student’s tuition.
- A third student’s tuition is half the amount of the first student’s tuition.
- Families will receive a $100 prepayment credit plus a $20 reimbursement of the FACTS processing fee if tuition and fees are paid by July 31.
*For the 2021-2022 school year, diocesan high schools will have a two-tiered tuition structure.
- The first-rate, or diocesan rate, is for a Catholic student registered in a parish in the Diocese of Covington. This rate is currently $8,485.
- The second rate, or non-diocesan rate, is for a student who is not Catholic or is a Catholic student from outside the diocese (Cincinnati, Indiana, or even Lexington). The non-diocesan rate is $9,485. According to diocesan policy, this rate has to be higher than the first and approximate the actual cost per pupil.
- The general fee of $765 is in addition to the tuition amount. Therefore, you should add $765 to the amount of tuition mentioned above.
NEW STUDENTS ONLY
All incoming students are required to have a Chromebook. Parents will have the option to Purchase or Transfer a pre-owned device as long operates on Chrome OS. A device can be purchased from SHDHS for $550, which includes a protective case and insurance covered for the entirety of your student’s time at SHDHS.
Families are allowed to bring their own Chromebook, however, the device needs to be enrolled under our organization. The cost for transferring a pre-own Chromebook is $125. Transfers devices will not be covered under SHDHS Insurance.
Families will have the option to pay using their Credit Card or Check. Chromebook Online Order Form:
Technology Responsible Use Policy
All parents and students are required to read and submit an electronic confirmation for the SHDHS Technology Responsible Use Policy.
FACTS / FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
FACTS / Financial Assistance Application
Last year, SHDHS was able to grant nearly 85% of the need for families who qualified for financial aid. In every case, this enabled families to keep their children enrolled here at SHDHS. Families can apply for financial aid beginning on January 3rd. Click here to access the online FACTS application, or call 859.525.0255 to request a copy from the front office. All applications are reviewed and processed by FACTS, a third-party financial aid firm. Note that FACTS will only evaluate families with students registered to attend SHDHS the following fall. FACTS reviews the applications and ranks applicants according to need. SHDHS then awards financial aid based on available funds.
The FACTS Financial Aid application will open on January 4, 2023. Applicants can use 2021 Tax returns and 2022 W-2s. Applications are accepted throughout the school year, but the first awards deadline is April 1, 2023, and award notifications will be made on April 30, 2023. Applications must be completed and verified by April 1 to be considered for the first round of awards. Please click here to apply. For questions, contact Connie Cornett at [email protected].
Families have three tuition payment options; monthly, quarterly, or pre-paid.
- Monthly tuition is the total amount (tuition + fees) divided by twelve (tuition is collected in the months from July through June).
- Quarterly tuition is the total amount (tuition + fees) divided by four.
- Pre-Paid tuition is the total amount (tuition + fees) minus a $100 discount. Payment must be received by July 31 to qualify for a discount.
Thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, SHDHS is honored to award approximately 50 merit-based, honorary, and memorial scholarships to students each school year.
These scholarships are awarded in addition to general financial assistance, and there is no limit to the number of scholarships that any given student can apply for (i.e., if a student meets the scholarship criteria for five different scholarships, he/she can apply for all five scholarships). Submission requirements (essays, letters of recommendation, FACTS applications, transcripts, etc.) vary by scholarship. Please click here to view a chart of scholarships, eligibility criteria, and submission requirements.
- 2023-2024 scholarship applications open on January 13, 2023. https://apps.shdhs.org/admissions/scholarship-application-form/
- The 2023-2024 scholarship application submissions deadline is March 17, 2023.
For questions regarding SHDHS scholarship opportunities, please get in touch with Beckie D. Middendorf, SHDHS Advancement Director, at 859.525.5848 or [email protected].
Merit-based scholarships are offered solely based on a student’s academic achievement. It is important to note that the KHSAA mandates that any student participating in a sport cannot receive more than 25% of his/her tuition in the form of a merit-based scholarship. Thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, SHDHS is able to offer several merit-based scholarships to incoming freshmen.
Highest Male Placement Test Score
- The Stan Robinson Memorial Scholarship is given to the male student with the highest score on SHDHS’ 8th Grade Placement Test.
Highest Female Placement Test Score
- The Susan Wolff Memorial Scholarship is given to the female student with the highest score on SHDHS’ 8th Grade Placement Test.
Top 10% in Placement Test Scores
In addition to the top male and top female HSPT scorers, all other students scoring in the top 10% on SHDHS’ 8th Grade Placement Test are eligible to receive a scholarship from the Dr. Edward P. Smith and Mary Klein Smith Scholarship Fund.
Honorary and Memorial Scholarships
The online application form for all SHDHS honorary and memorial scholarships opens in mid-January each year. To access the application page, please click here. For more information on, or to donate to, an SHDHS honorary or memorial scholarships, please see links below:
This scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. John and Joyce Ruehl ‘51 Berning to protect the future of Catholic education and provide assistance to the families of St. Henry District High School.
This scholarship was established by the Knights of St. John.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of June Kohorst Kroger ‘43 by her son, Frank, his wife, Marta, and their four sons.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Sara Meineke ‘06 by her friends and family members.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Jim Paul ’75, by his wife, Patricia, and brother, Terry.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of David Rolf ’80, who died at a very young age from cancer.
This scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. Rouse to promote the value of Catholic education and honor the life-long friendships they made while in high school.
This scholarship was established by the late Mr. and Mrs. Richard ’57 and Mary Kay Schmeing in loving memory of Mr. Schmeing’s parents, Walter and Louise Schmeing.
This scholarship was established by the Northern Kentucky Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and is awarded to a student who has demonstrated dedication to serving those in need as Christ has commanded us and will be contingent upon financial need.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Bill Tobergte by his children.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Beth Wendling, Class of 2008.
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Nick Wilde, Class of 2013.
Parish, Grade School, and Community Scholarships
Many diocesan parishes, grade schools, and community groups offer scholarships to graduating 8th graders who will be attending a local Catholic high school. Below are just a few of these scholarship opportunities. For more information on these or other, opportunities, please contact the appropriate parish, grade school, or community group.
- IHM Parish / Grade School Boondocker Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School CLC Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School Diana Kennedy Memorial Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School Drama Club Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School PTO Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School Sports Committee Scholarship
- IHM Parish / Grade School Student Council Scholarship
- Knights of Columbus Bishop Ackerman Council 5453 Honorary Scholarship
- MQH Parish / Grade School Athletic Scholarship
- St Benedict Church Holy Name Society Scholarship
- St Henry Parish / Grade School Arlinghaus Scholarship
- St Paul Parish / Grade School Boosters Essay Scholarship
- St Pius X Parish / Grade School Parent Teacher Guild Scholarship
- St Thomas Parish / Grade School Scholarship
- St Timothy Parish Leader in Me Scholarship
- St. Henry Parish / Grade School Booster Scholarship
- St. Henry Parish / Grade School Erica Ehlman Scholarship
- St. Henry Parish / Grade School PTO Scholarship
- St. Joseph Catholic Order, Court 2094, Scholarship
- St. Paul Parish / Grade School Boosters Essay Scholarship
- St. Paul Parish / Grade School Fr George Schneider Scholarship
- St. Paul Parish / Grade School Monsignor Carlin Scholarship
- St. Timothy Parish / Grade School Rev Richard Bolte Scholarship
REGISTER FOR AN