Copy & Transfer your Google Drive files to another Google Drive account
Copy & transfer your files.
Each time you copy files from your school account, a new set of copies is created in your Google Account.
Create an account
If you haven’t already, create a Google Account. Your new email address will be your [email protected].
Prepare your files
To copy content that other people have shared with you, add those files to My Drive.
Start the copy process
- On your school account, go to Transfer your content.
- Enter the email address of the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
- Select Get code.
- On your Google Account, check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
- Return to the “Transfer your content” page on your school account. Enter the code, then choose Verify.
- Choose the content you’d like to copy, then select Start Transfer.
Details about the copy process
- The copy process usually happens within a few hours but can take up to a week.
- Copied files might appear in batches on your Google Account during the copy process.
- You’ll get an email at your Gmail address when your files are finished copying.
Governor’s Scholar Program graduates
National Merit Finalists and 11 National Merit Commended