SHDHS Counseling Department
The St. Henry District High School Counseling Department (SHDHS) provides services to help students grow academically, socially, and spiritually. The counseling staff are professionally trained educators who work in the best interest of each student. Counselors work with students individually, in small groups, and in grade-level meetings to provide programming that encompasses academic, social/emotional awareness, college/career/vocational advising, and standardized testing.
Upon enrollment at SHDHS, each student is assigned to a counselor who works, in collaboration with parents, administration, faculty, and staff, to advocate for students with the goal of promoting equity, access, and success. Professional guidelines of confidentiality are maintained in all student and parent counselor interactions.
Visitors can click on grades 9, 10, 11, 12 to see the curriculum recommended for each grade level.
Freshman Course Plan
- Religion I
- English I / English I Honors
- STEM Explorations / STEM Explorations Honors / Biology Honors
- Algebra I / Algebra I Honors / Geometry Honors
- Health / Physical Education
- Global & Digital Citizenship / AP Human Geography
- *Foreign language – two consecutive years by graduation to meet the pre-college curriculum requirement
- *One creative or performing art by graduation is required by the state
Sophomore Course Plan
- Religion II
- English II / English II Honors
- Biology / Biology Honors
- Geometry / Geometry Honors / Algebra II / Algebra II Honors
- World Civilization / World Civilization Honors / AP World Civilization
Junior Course Plan
- Religion III
- English III / English III Honors
- Algebra II / Algebra II Honors / Algebra III / Precalculus / Precalculus Honors / AP Calculus
- United States History / AP United States History
- *Chemistry / Chemistry Honors (ELECTIVE)
*Chemistry should be taken during the junior year as the student’s third science credit. The exception would be if the student is taking Geometry as a junior. The student would then take Algebra II and Chemistry as a senior.
Senior Course Plan
- Religion IV
- English IV / AP English
- Government / Economics / AP Government
- Math Course