For those who are new to SHDHS or for those who are unsure of what the FEC is or does, here is some information as well as how you can get involved.
The Family Engagement Council (FEC) is a partnership created this school year among families, administrators, faculty, and students. The mission has been to build community and parent involvement across a variety of social, service, hospitality, and fundraising events.
The goal of the FEC is for parents to play a significant role in the school community and share their passion for SHDHS with the community at large, all while creating lasting connections of their own.
The FEC is a more modern version of a PTO. While we have continued supporting the traditional events of the past PTO, we have a broader vision to do more, help more, engage more, grow more.
The FEC typically meets every other month and communicates in-between via email and sometimes the CruParents Facebook Page.
This year, the FEC has accomplished the following:
- Back-To-School Teacher Luncheon
- Teacher Grants for classroom/club needs
- Back 2 School Bash with food/beverage trucks, live music
- Homecoming tailgate for all students/parents/alumni
- Dinner for Seniors at their off-campus Senior Retreats
- New Parent and All-Parent off-campus Happy Hours
- Staff Christmas gifts from SHDHS families
- Fundraising via a Pampered Chef, two special Bingos, Fallfest Family Putt-Putt
- Schoolwide Blue Ribbon student T-shirts
- Senior Signs for special Senior recognition throughout the school year
- Catholic Schools Week student donut/coffee breakfast
- Catholic Schools Week staff take-and-go lunch
- Service projects for students and parents
- Parent Night at a Varsity Basketball home game
- Teacher Appreciation Week festivities/recognition
- Senior flowers/Senior signs
In order to continue the above events and commitments, we are always in need of new faces, new energy, and a new community! Please consider getting involved in the FEC! If you would like more information, or to be added to our FEC email distribution, or have any great ideas for future FEC involvement, please reach out to Elaine Stich at [email protected]. This is a team effort, and we look forward to making our Cru community even bigger and stronger TOGETHER!