St. Henry District High School Friendship Dance
The Friendship Dance will take place at Saint Henry District High School. The dance will take place outside the building. Students are encouraged to bring blankets, towels, or folding chairs. SHDHS will provide a DJ, light refreshment, and evening snacks for all students. Water will be provided. Students are encouraged to bring empty water bottles that can be filled up at school in an effort to be environmentally friendly.
Location: Saint Henry District High School Main Campus
Time: August 26th, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM – Student may arrive until 7:00PM and is not permitted to leave until 8:30 PM
Ticket Purchase and Permission Form:
- Tickets and permission forms will be available on the form below – Friendship Dance Ticket
- Tickets are $20 and can be purchased until the end of the day, August 25th, 2022.
- ALL participants must use the online process in order to participate in the dance.
Dress Code/ Attire
The dress for this dance is casual. Dress code guidelines follow the standards of dress-down days. For this dance, students dress according to the following color themes. Please no feather boas – they create a mess.
- Freshmen – Head-to-toe WHITE
- Sophomore – Head-to-toe BLUE
- Junior – Head-to-toe RED
- Senior – Head-to-toe NEON
Friendship Dance Rules
All school rules apply. Students must abide by the school’s Dance, Drug & Alcohol, and Tobacco Policies. Students will be randomly selected for a breathalyzer test at check-in.
The following dress guidelines must be followed:
- Shorts above the knee (but no higher than mid-thigh) MUST be worn with leggings underneath. Shorts that reach the knee may be worn without leggings.
- Necklines should be modest, which means no cleavage.
- No midriff cut-outs or bare midriffs are permitted.
- No tank tops are permitted (unless a sleeved shirt is worn underneath).
- Length of dresses/ skirts may be no shorter than 4″ above the knee when standing straight.
- Slits in the dress/ skirt may be no higher than 4″ above the knee when standing straight.
- Anyone in violation will not be admitted to the dance until the situation is corrected.
- Refunds will not be given if a student is asked to leave the dance.
- A student is allowed to arrive until 1 hour after the event starts and is not allowed to leave until 30 minutes event is over.
Students are welcome to take pictures with their own devices. A photo booth will be available for students pictures.
NO outside guests are permitted; this is only for SHDHS students
School Dance Policy
Students of Saint Henry District High School and their guests attending a dance sponsored by any SHDHS organization shall abide by the following dance policy. Our goal is not to entirely restrict the generation’s style of dancing but to eliminate inappropriate and/ or sexually suggestive movements that have been deemed inappropriate by the administration of the school. Examples of such dancing include inappropriate touching and/or inappropriate bodily contact with one another. Also, any actions on the dance floor that may cause physical harm to the students will not be tolerated. On-sight administrative representatives, such as an adult chaperone or the sponsoring organizations’ moderators, will initially confront any behavior that is contrary to the Christian/ Catholic standards upheld by the school. If the verbal warning is ignored or the student gives an inappropriate response, further consequences and formal disciplinary action may be initiated. A student is allowed to arrive until 1 hour after the event starts and is not allowed to leave until 30 minutes event is over.
School Drug and Alcohol Policy
Any student under the influence of illegal drugs and/ or alcohol or who is in possession of drugs and/ or alcohol while at a school-sponsored event is in violation of the school’s drug and alcohol policy. SHDHs reserves the right to test or breathalyze students for drugs and/ or alcohol at school-sponsored events.
- Trained personnel, which may include law enforcement officers, will be present to breathalyze anyone at any time for any reason. If a student is in violation of the drug and alcohol policy, his or her parent/ guardian will be called to pick up the student. Additional actions will be decided by the school administration.
- Only EMPTY water bottles may be brought into the dance. Water will be provided for students to fill up empty bottles.
- School personnel retains the right to search anyone seeking admittance to the dance.
Students may not smoke, vape, use, or possess tobacco products or accessories (including matches and lighters) on school grounds or at school-sponsored activities. Such items will be confiscated by onsite administrative representatives. Applicable consequences and fines will be decided by the school administration.