Guidance Counselor – St. Henry District High School
St. Henry District High School is seeking a full-time Guidance Counselor for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested candidates should send a resume to David M. Otte at email@example.com or call 859.525.0255 for more information. Please see job description below:
Grade Level Assignment: 12
• Proven experience as a high school counselor
• High School Guidance Counseling credentials
- Prepare seniors with information concerning career, college and scholarships.
- Organize, administer, and interpret standardized test scores to students, faculty, and parents.
- Efficiently maintain information and records.
- Communicate with students, parents, and peers one-on-one and in large groups.
- Keep accurate records in all facets of the guidance program.
- Be proficient in all facets of the college application process, scholarships, and financial aid programs.
- Attend professional conferences, seminars, and meetings to stay current on topics of working with students and parents.
- Conduct student and parent informational meetings on important topics.
- Develop and maintain a rapport with agencies and college representatives.
- Meet every student on your case load on a one-on-one basis and through group guidance sessions.
- Stay up to date on computer technology needed to perform daily guidance tasks.
Intervention Specialist – St. Henry District High School
January 29, 2018/in Job Postings, Teacher Openings /by McGuire
St. Henry District High School is seeking a full-time Intervention Specialist in our Academic Achievement through Intervention, Mentoring, and Support (AAIMS) department for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested candidates should send a resume to David M. Otte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859.525.0255 for more information. Please see job description below:
Intervention Specialist: Mild -Moderate Certification 9-12 grade
IS teacher will work collaboratively to support the AAIMS students’ learning needs, academic programming, college counseling, and any social/emotional needs that may arise while they attend St. Henry District High School.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Develop Alternative Learning Plans (ALPs) for each student;
- Inform teachers of each student’s academic profile and of classroom accommodations described in his/her ALP;
- Implement ALPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress;
- Update ALPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress;
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one;
- Monitor and consult with faculty regarding progress or lack thereof on all AAIMS students;
- Better enable students to assume responsibility for their own education and promote self-advocacy;
- Provide academic and post-secondary transition advising;
- Review core content (English, math, and science); and
- Implement strong study skills.