St. Henry District High School Prom Information
SHDHS PROM 2022
Date and Time:
Friday, April 29, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
790 Park Lane, Covington, KY 41011
The cost is $100 per person ~ Tickets are on sale April 4th – April 13th, 2022
Payment Type: Credit Card, Check, eCheck, or Cash
All students must turn in the Permission Slip Form to the front office or the cafeteria during lunch.
SHDHS PROM POLICIES
SHDHS Prom Dress Code Policy
- Floor length dresses only. High-low (high in front and low in back) dresses are not permitted.
- The neckline of the dress should be modest (no cleavage).
- The back of the dress needs to be appropriately contoured and modest (not cut below the natural waistline).
- No midriff cut-out or bare midriffs are permitted, unless covered by mesh and no skin shows through. Fabric may not be skin-toned, giving the impression that no fabric is there. If fabric is removed after a student enters the dance, she will be asked to leave. Cut-outs may not extend beyond the midline of the body on the side, including those covered by see-through mesh. Dresses with cut-outs may be altered by sewing matching fabric under the cut-out area.
- Slits in the dress may be no higher than 4” above the knee.
- Guys must wear a tuxedo or suit. No jeans, no ballcaps.
- It is up to students to inform their guests of the dress code policy for the dance. Guests are expected to abide by the Dress Code Policy and all other policies on the Prom permission slip as was as all SHDHS school rules.
- Anyone choosing not to follow these guidelines will be asked to remedy the situation before entering the dance.
- Refunds will not be given if you are asked to leave.
By following these simple guidelines we can make this a memorable evening for everyone.
SHDHS Prom Dance Policy
Students of St. Henry District High School and their guests attending a dance sponsored by any SHDHS organization shall abide by the following dance policy. Our goal is not to entirely restrict the generation’s style of dancing but to eliminate inappropriate and/or sexually suggestive movements that have been deemed inappropriate by the administration of the school. Examples of such dancing include inappropriate touching and/or inappropriate bodily contact with one another. Also, any actions on the dance floor that may cause physical harm to the students will not be tolerated. On-sight administrative representatives, such as an adult chaperone or the sponsoring organization’s moderators, will initially confront any behavior that is contrary to the Christian/Catholic standards upheld by the school. If the verbal warning is ignored or the student gives an inappropriate response, further consequences and formal disciplinary action may be initiated.
SHDHS Prom Dance Drug & Alcohol Policy
Any student under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, and/or alcohol or who consumes or is in possession of illegal drugs, look-alike drugs, inhalants, and/or alcohol while at a school-sponsored event is in violation of the school’s drug and alcohol policy. SHDHS reserves the right to test or breathalyze students for drugs and/or alcohol at school-sponsored events.
- Trained personnel, which may include law enforcement officers, will be present to breathalyze anyone at any time for any reason. If a student or guest is in violation of the Drug & Alcohol and Tobacco policy, his or her parent/guardian will be called to pick up the student/guest. Additional actions will be decided by the school administration.
- No water bottles or drinks may be brought into the dance. All drinks will be provided. School personnel retains the right to search anyone seeking admittance to the dance.
SHDHS Prom Tobacco Policy
Students may not smoke, vape, use, or possess tobacco products or accessories (including matches and lighters) on school grounds or at school-sponsored activities. Such items will be confiscated by on-sight administrative representatives. Applicable consequences and fines are listed on pages 41 and 44 of the Student Handbook.