Below is the plan that we will follow (Tuesday, May 26 – Thursday, May 28) for students to return books, graduation gowns, and other school-owned items and clean out their lockers.
This process will follow all of the guidelines that are in place at this time regarding COVID-19. This is not a social event and we will try to be as efficient as possible. All materials that belong to the school must be returned at this time.
The schedule will be as follows:
TUESDAY, May 26
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Last names A – D
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Last names E – K
WEDNESDAY, May 27
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Last names L – O
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Last names P – R
THURSDAY, May 28
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Last names S – Z
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Open to those not able to make assigned time
- Everyone will be required to wear masks during this time.
- The process will start at the main front door.
- We will only allow 10 students in the building at a time. Other students will need to wait outside and make sure that they are social distancing.
- Students will need to bring all materials that need to be returned (textbooks, senior gowns, borrowed Chromebooks, surface computers, computer chargers, etc.)
- Computer-related items should be taken to the media center.
- Seniors will return their graduation gown in the lobby as you enter (you keep the cap and tassel).
- As students enter, they will be given a copy of their 2019-2020 schedule and a bag. The schedule will have the student’s locker number and combination on it.
- Traffic will be one way only, starting with the first hallway. Students will head down the first hallway to their locker.
- Students will need to clean out their locker. Place any unwanted items in the bag and take it with them. They will deposit all garbage in the dumpster (by the soccer field) as they leave.
- When students are finished with their locker and it is completely cleaned out, they should close the locker and put the lock back on unlocked. The students may have three groups of items: their textbooks, anything they don’t want placed in the garbage, and anything that they want to take home.
- All textbooks will be taken to the media center. There will be stations set up by grade level. Students will take their books to the teacher at the station for their grade level. The teacher will also have a copy of the students’ 20019-2020 schedules in order to check off the books as they are returned.
- Once textbooks have been returned, students will leave the school by the doors that open to the soccer field (down the hallway with the trophy cases). Garbage should be placed in the dumpster.
- Once the students have completed everything, they will need to get back in their cars and depart from the school property.
- If someone has a Yankee Candle order to pick up, that will be done in the trophy case hallway as the student leaves the building.
- Only the hallways and media center will be available to the students. All doors to the classrooms and restrooms will be locked.
- One parent may accompany the student if necessary.
- Parents should contact the office to make arrangements to pick up any medications that are in the front office.
- All lunch accounts will need to be paid up. For seniors and students not returning, you may request a refund by filling out the lunch refund paperwork on our website.
- Students not able to be here during those three days will need to contact the office to set up a time the following week to bring back their materials.